Saturday, December 4, 2010

melted snowman cookies

***UPDATE on the Melted Snowman Cookie:
Turns out there is an original source for this
muchy little man. Check out The Decorated Cookie
here for some extra fun ideas. ****


I made these for my son's birthday party.
(Bummer December B-day.)
The kids loved them!
Just use your favorite sugar cookie
recipe and cut them into
random "puddle shapes".
Frost the cookies white with your best butter cream.
I used fondant for the head and nose,
brown butter cream for the arms, eyes and mouth.
The buttons are mini m&m's.
The best part about these cookies is that
there is no right way to design them!
Be random and creative, you can't mess it up!!!!

17 comments:

  1. These are soooo great!! What did you do to make the head?

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so cute! I'm going to make them for our Christmas party at work!
    I'm your newest follower...come check out my blog when you get a chance :-)
    Shantel @
    www.itsapricelesslife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these! They are so cute and creative. Thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've seen different variations of this cookie, but I never tire of seeing them! SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute, cute, cute idea. I love your creativity. By the way, I'm holding a giveaway on my blog for Orglamix Organic makeup and you're welcome to come by and enter. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2010/12/orglamix-organic-mineral-makeup-review.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love snowmen and these are just way too cute. I definitely want to make these this year. Thanks for sharing I am your newest follower.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are gorgeous! My kids would love them.
    mickey

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my gosh, that is SO adorable! love them!

    www.thecapeonthecorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely idea ... sounds like a fun cookie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Suzie - these are so cute!! Thanks so much for linking to the party - I greatly appreciate it! I featured these today - stop by and grab a featured button if you like. Hope you have a lovely week! ~ Stephanie Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  11. SIMPLY ADORABLE, yummy and "SWEET!" love it! Jen

    ReplyDelete
  12. haha, these made me laugh, they look so cool!

    ReplyDelete